Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The day I met a woman from "Chicken Soup for the Soul"

Few years back, when I was doing a Community Service in HUKM, I met this wonderful woman named Datin Seri Evelynn. She was a volunteer in the psychiatric ward, spending her every Wednesday doing play-doh for the children. Again, I shall write down the title before her name here.. "DATIN SERI". She's already filthy rich, and she can just spend her money to go shopping all day long, relaxing at home with her three daughters, vacationing with her dearest hubby, etc.. But despite of all the fabulosity, she's doing a volunteer work in HUKM. And I said to myself, "One day, I'll be just like her".

Then, when I became a volunteer for FESPIC '06, I met a whole lot of mesmerizing ppl. I remembered this one Aunty which we used to call her 'Mama' and because of that I forgot her real name. She trained us on how to handle ppl with wheelchair, blind ppl and etc. She was so old, as old as my Grandmother. Despite of spending her remaining life with her grandchildrens, she chose to be a volunteer work for an OKU. So, again, I said to myself, "One day, I'll be just like her".

I have met quite a number of amazing ppl throughout my 24 years of life. I wish to remember, if not all, at least some of them in my heart. I hope, few years later, once I read this article again, I would probably be one of them already.

Yesterday, when I went shopping with 'Love' in Jusco Equinne, an Indian lady approached us. Her name was Manu and she was a reporter in NST. (I googled about her in NST just now, she was telling the truth). One day she went to a house where some ppl left their parents or 'special' childrens there, and she was so touched. So what she did was, after work, she would wander around, asking help from ppl like us to buy foods for the ppl in that house. I can't find myself saying, "One day, I'll be just like her".

Why? Because u need a lot of courage to ask money from ppl, even for a good course. Someone might think u are a con, someone might yelled out in front of ur face, someone might even throw u out from that place. But this wonderful woman, she had the courage to do it with love and care.

I admire her so much. But, yet I still can't find myself saying, "One day, I'll be just like her".


Dedicated to all the wonderful women and men who woke up in the morning with a heart full of love and slept at nigh with a contented heart.

2 comments:

sumayy said...

Be it I can/can't one day be like her, ur mind will always register it as "One day, I'll be just like her".

InsyaAllah, in ur BEST state of being & IMAN, "One day, you'll be even much more better than her. That, I strongly believe in, Ameen. (^_^)

Dr. Ikeen said...

Huhu.. that is an ultimate advice that i have to agree 100%. Thank you. :) "One day, we'll be even better than her", okays?