Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Adventures of Kapal and Ikeen - Singapore

First and foremost, thank you guys for praying the best for us (link here). I have been planning for the whole year to go to Bandung and as some of you might know, my flight to Bandung has been cancelled due to Merapi's volcanic ash. And the flight has been resumed the day after our flight, nampak sangat it is not our rezeki.

We can only plan, but only Allah SWT knows what is best for us. I have no complain though, because after a lot of work to do with AirAsia, and also a lot of extra money needed to be paid, we managed to get a flight to Singapore (since AA won't allow us to reroute to Jakarta) the next day and we had a lot of fun. I doubt we would have this much fun in Bandung. So, syukur Alhamdulillah :)

The preparation:

Since we only had a night to prepare for our trip, we came up with this itinerary:




Googled on the top 10 Singapore attractions in Trip Advisor and how to get to places using Googlemap.

And since we heard that the things there were quite expensive and that it was not easy to find halal food, we bought a lot of food, such as these



First day
As I arrived to Changi airport, paid $2 and took a bus to tour some part of Singapore. Then we bought the EZlink card since we would be travelling by public transport all the way. Their bus needs us to pay the exact change, else they would not return you the change. So the EZlink card was worth it. Starter pack, you have to pay $12 ($5 for the card + $7 for the credit inside). And you can top up for multiple of $10 for each time. The whole three days by bus cost us $22 each.

Changi Chapel and Museum
A geeky holiday is a must for me, so I did not want to bore you guys to death, but here are some of the pictures here (if you are interested to know more about World War II). The funny part was that Love had more fun the I did. Whee!! I'm turning him into geek :D Anwyay, admission is FOC, but we could not take pictures inside, so this is all we had..



Orchard Road
Somewhat like our Sungai Wang, but a more elegant version. All the shops are either equivalent or better than Pavillion. I was not into shopping (though I did buy a sweater and some souvenirs here), I was more keen to look around the architecture. Man, seriously, they were so freaking awesome!! Try take a look..




Second day

Sentosa island
Our highlight of the trip. Super duper beautiful island. So green (the whole Singapore is really green and clean by the way) and gorgeous and interesting, I would like to live in Sentosa! Entrance by bus is $2. Then you can get to anywhere inside Sentosa via their public transport absolutely free!! If you would like to take any package or any ride, you have to pay. For us, we went inside The Merlion, Images of Sinagpore, TigerSky and CineBlast, all these for $36.70. It was worth the money. Their technologies will just amazed you. I feel like living in another planet already.


The island



Merlion


Images of Singapore


TigerSky tower, CineBlast and Siloso Beach



Bugis Street
Seems like a Flea market, like our Downtown. Cheap shirts. Cheap souvenirs (Unfortunately I bought mine at Orchard Road). Love bought 3 Thirts here, each cost him $12, but the quality was the same to the Hard Rock Cafe T-Shirt he bought in Sentosa for $39. Ladies, the dresses were sooooo nice, average price was $10 to $12!



Third day

Singapore Zoo
Needless to say, their zoo is already known for its beauty and the white tiger. White tiger is the main reason why I was dying to visit Singapore. We bought the Zooper Saver for $27, with unlimited trem and boat ride!



Food

I tried their Mamak. Ours are so much better and full of spices.

I tried KFC at Sentosa Island, ours is better. They don't have Hot and Spicy, they have Crispy though but Love and I agreed that it was tasteless. Original also not so nice. Coleslaw was the worst!

I tried the famous Singapore Zam Zam at Arab Street. One of the best Chicken Beriyani ever! The portion is so big, just $5 and both Love and I were already full.

I tried the must have BK double beef with turkey bacon. The best burger ever, coming from me who really dislike burger. Seriously the best! Chilli's who?


Fragrance Pearl Hotel

You can read my review here. Cost us RM300 for two days, definitely worth it :)


Public transport

We travelled only by bus and MRT. You will survive, seriously. Their buses interval was like 4mins each and the bus stops were everywhere!

People

Super duper friendly. Whoever said they are Kiasu? I even received a free Hershey's pie!

Verdict

Would definitely go there again. In fact, Love loves it so much that we were thinking of doing sabbatical there!

No comments: