Monday, June 20, 2011

My first hypnobirthing class

Yesterday marked the 5th month of my pregnancy. Alhamdulillah.. Being pregnant has never been better :)

My baby's movement became wilder. I have never been healthier. And after several visits to Dermalogica, I'm about to achieve back my skin condition before I got pregnant. I guess the hormone finally became stable. All praise be to Allah SWT.

Anyway, about July last year, Dr. Sumay introduced me to the concept of hypnobirthing. Hypnobirthing came from the term "hypnosis birthing" where you hypnotize yourself when you give birth to eliminate fear, anxiety and tension.

After reading Kdy's entry on Muhammad's delivery via hypnobirthing and further convinced by stories I read in Parenthood, I decided to sign up in a hypnobirthing class in Shah Alam as early as I was in my 2 months pregnancy.

I seeked for Love's opinion and to my relief, his answer was, "Anything that you want Sayang, anything i can help to make you comfortabe during labor." I am up until this day so glad that he did not at all care about the fees (RM780 for 5 classes) and the commitment of attending 5 classes on 5 Saturdays in a row in Shah Alam. TQ, Sayang! I appreciate.

Last Saturday we had our very first class. It did not look anything like a classroom at all to me. Just a comfortable room, with a few settees and a lot of cushions with 3 other couples who were just as eager as us and the practitioner that we called as Wai Han - a very very nice lady!

I have a lot to share about my first hypnobirthing class, but I guess I leave it all so that you can experience the magic from the practitioner herself.

But before the hypnobirthing class,
- I was so scared of delivering the baby that i did not even want to think about it just as yet.
- I was so scared of contraction surge, that i was thinking of using epidural.
- I was so scared that i couldn't love my baby as much as I supposed to.
- Love was scared to be with me inside the labor roome (He could not stand blood)
- I was so scared that my baby got so big because of Love's gene. (He was born 4 kgs)

And got scared of so many other negative thoughts by listening to all the horror stories.

But at the end of the class, Wai Han eliminated all the fears one by one.

Now, I seriously look forward to meet my Little Precious. I know that the surge will bring me closer to my baby and Love gained confidence in helping me birth the baby naturally, no drugs, no stitches, no tears. He finally watched the videos of women gave birth to their baby via hypnobirthing, all that blood doesn't scare him anymore!

What more important is, I have never feel more connected to my baby than before. :) I talked to Little Precious everyday, I enjoyed the movements and I ate healthily for the sake of this Little Precious.

Every decision Love and I make now involves this Little Precious. We made decision as a family.

I will talk more about my hypnobirthing stories, all I can say is that your baby can never be too big for you, or staying too long inside your tummy, that is all the doctor's fear. When Allah SWT guides you to it, He'll guide you through it. Just have faith :)

To end my post, here is my fav hypnobirthing quotation, "A pregnant woman is like a beautiful flowering tree, but take care when it comes time for the harvest that you do not shake or bruise the tree, for in doing so, you may harm both the tree and its fruit."

No comments: