Friday, April 13, 2012

Khaira's first food!

10 days before she turned 6 months; I just had to introduce her to solids. She was like a newborn again, nursing every half an hour at night for 4 days in a row. OMG! It was damn tiring to get up to work, I thought, "this is unhealthy; for both baby and me."

So, on 7th of April, after lots of research, I decided to introduce her to..

banana!

Why banana? Well, according to my research, here's why:

♥ Research indicates that bananas and their mucosal properties actually help coat the tummy and help aid in digestion.
♥ Bananas are sweet, which may help baby more readily accept the first food experience. The taste is close to breastmilk.
♥ Vitamins: A, C, Folate
♥ Minerals: Potassium, Phosphorus, Selenium, Magnesium, Calcium

Here's the picture of Khaira's first time eating solids.



She needs time to get use to it.



I didn't cook the banana, I just mashed it and I added some water to make the texture thinner. And of course, I followed the 4 days rule; to check for allergy reactions. I decided to feed her solids once a day for now, maybe twice soon. Even so, both meal would be before Maghrib to help ease her digestion system.

As of how much, two thin slices of banana for each meal seemed to be sufficient for her.

And 4 days after that, I introduced her to rice! I decided to cook for her everyday. So, I woke up as early as 5.30 am everyday, anything for the love of my life. :)

For the rice, I chose organic brown rice. Why brown rice, not white rice? Again, according to my research, here's why:

♥ twice the manganese and phosphorus of white.
♥ 2.5 times the iron.
♥ 3 times the vitamin B3.
♥ 4 times the vitamin B1.
♥ 10 times the vitamin B6.

It doesn't take that much time to prepare her rice cereal.

The weekend before, I washed the brown rice, dried them and blended them until they became powder. Then, I stored them in the fridge.



So, every morning, I just boil 10 ozs. of water, mix them with 1 oz. of brown rice powder and let it simmer until 10 mins, done!



Please pray that I'll be given the strength to cook for Khaira and to prepare breakfast for Love every morning. Insya Allah. Ameen.

I just want the best for both of them. And, I want to be creative with Khaira's food, so tunggulah! Will update with more creative recipes for baby very soon :)

Whee!!

*Info of brown rice and banana from google

No comments: