Monday, June 25, 2012

Muslimah hair salon, please!

I know it's not a good thing to do, but I'm just gonna do it anyway..

SIGHHHHHHH...

Ok. Done.

I love pampering myself. I save a little every month to pamper myself, whether for facial or body scrub or hair treatment or massage. (Ohh.. speaking of massage, I still have 6 free massage vouchers to be used as a present from Love for winning gold in ITEX yay!)

Anyway, since I've been trying to be a good Muslimah nowadays, I've to consider a lot of thing on my beauty regimes. You know, dealing with all that stated above means I've to open myself to strangers.

I've settled down with facial, body scrub and massage. If there's a thing a salesperson should know about me is that I'm a loyal customer. Once I've found a good place, I'd definitely stay. I've stayed with the same spa and salon since I started working, heck I've even married my high school sweetheart ;p That's how loyal I am.

So, for spa I'd always go to Seputeh Kapas, the most convenient place ever. Sometimes to Dermalogica because I always received  free vouchers since I've been using their products for years. So, there, settled.

But, I'm having trouble to find Muslimah hair salon, haish! I used to love the ones in Equinne, Headkandee, oh my so superb!


True definition of bliss :)

I googled and some suggested Hairven in Alamanda, hmmmmph.. not good enough for me since the hair stylists are mostly Chinese. Not that I'm being racist, but it's still aurat with them though they are Chinese lady. And not that I'm being too "alim", but I'm trying to improve myself as a Muslimah, you know in life we need to always aim for improvement. Baby steps, insya Allah..

Then, I found a hair stylist that I love in Bangi. She was a little slow, but she did my fringe the way I liked it, cut my hair the way I asked her to. Though the appointment was always full, but I was contented.. until yesterday she moved to a new place. Then, I'm back to square one. :(

I surveyed some other salons yesterday. Conclusion:
1) Most Muslimah hair salons are small and... hmmm.. a little dodgy. A little old and dirty. I like a big hair salon.
2) The price for hair treatment in these big hair salons are damn expensive. And they are using weird brands I've never heard of. Harga lebih kurang L'oreal.

Though the price for hair cut is half than what I've to pay in Headkandee.

So, if you are planning to start a Muslimah hair salon, a proper one, around Bangi or Seri Kembangan, please contact me. I might be your loyal customer ever!

9 comments:

Lyaelyza said...

rasanya dekat wangsa maju ada one salon untuk muslimah. gS

Almiraz said...

I second that!!...sebab weird kan, masuk kedai pakai tudung sekali bukak tudung ..lps dh siap pakai tudung...org dlm kedai tinjau2....

Anonymous said...

saya penah pegi kat hairven. ada bilik disediakan. dan yang potongkan rambut saya tu muslim. masa saya datang tu dalam 2.40pm, dia cakap kat saya, boleh tak datang dalam kul 3, dia nak zohor dulu.
so saya rasa ok kot kalo try kat hairven tu? sepanjang proses potong/cuci rambut tu, takde orang lain pun yang masuk. so insyaAllah ok :)

Anonymous said...

dekat bangi ada satu , u can go to tutti frutti nearby je :)

Dr. Ikeen said...

Lyaelyza: Wangsa maju? Ingat tak nama salon dia?

Almiraz: True! :)

Anonymous1: Owh... So, I can request lah kan if I want hairstylist muslim! Thank you!! :)

Anonymous2: Owhh.. Tutti Frutti, k.. I belum survey that area, thank you, that shud be very nearby!!

Leon Dehaven said...

A funny thing to share my dear friend. Don't worry I surely will tell you if ever I found a much nicer muslimah salon around your place. I think opening a new muslimah salon is way too expensive for a women like me. Feel free to visit my hijab page. You would surely learn a lot from it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

salam, me n my wife is planning to open a muslimah hair studio in bukit mertajam. to be open in nov. under reno. strictly muslimah. ini fardu kifiyah dah ada permintaan kena le usahakan. we'll update and do visit us if u r upnorth travilling...

Hijab & such... said...

Thanks..i pun tercari2 hair saloon area sama. dah dpt idea dah...anyway for trend shawl latest design please visit hijabandsuch.blogspot.com. TQ

Aishah Salun said...

Salam, saya ada menyediakan perkhidmatan dandanan rambut, make up dan manicure & pedicure di rumah di kota damansara. Harganya, Children cut RM5. Wash, cut & blow RM 15. Henna/ Colouring RM30-RM88. Perming/ Rebonding RM88-RM128. Treatment RM38. Sesiapa yg berminat bolehlah call Zura 012-208 4048. Atau layari laman myhomesalon.blogspot.com. TQ tuan rumah.