Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bantal busuk - do you think it's cute?

I am thankful for everything Khaira Asyikin turns up to be.

She's an easy happy baby, Alhamdulillah. Last Saturday, I brought her to a wedding, a stranger with a 7 months old daughter came to me and said, "You memang terror, how do you raise her to be such a little angel? Share tips and tricks please!"

Alhamdulillah, all praise be to Allah SWT. Alhamdulillah :)

And among many things I am thankful for, I'm thankful because she doesn't have any bantal busuk (or comfort object) to make her contented.

I know some of you might think it's cute.

But, I just finished my morning read, and this one is worth sharing. Do you know that bantal busuk or other comfort object is a sign that your baby is a little insecure?

When your bundle of joy realizes that you are not gonna be around for him/her all the time, he/she will become attached to a transitional comfort object (bantal busuk, stuffed animal, blanket, etc.)

As I am a working mother, I always hope Little Khaira understands what I have to go through everyday. And that she knows, regardless of the job that I have to attend to, I am always around whenever she needs me.

The love of my lfie ♥

I believe babies tell many things in their own way... longgg before they know how to speak. Even when Khaira was inside my tummy, she would rub the inside of my tummy with her little fingers whenever I was down. People would questioned on how do I know it's her fingers, I just try to connect with her every single time possible. Same as when she's growing up now.

I don't believe in sign languages. Because baby has their own languages that we need to understand. We have to understand them first before we start to make them understand us. So I take the cue from my baby.

First, to understand the meaning of the different type of cry. Then, to understand her facial expression. It tells a lot of thing. And now, the body languages and behaviours. I believe as a parent, we must always aware of the little changes in behaviour that our baby tries to show us.

Like one time, Khaira refused to sit in her car seat. We took it as a sign to change the car seat (it became too small for her) before she got used to sit with me and totally refused to sit in her car seat.

Another time, when she had the separation anxiety. We followed BFF Maria's advice by taking her out whenever possible to make her see new people, and hence, she's okay with strangers now.

Alhamdulillah.

Baby speaks to us in a different way that we need to master. Whether it's through reading or classes or observations, it's just worth to know :)

143, Khaira Asyikin!

2 comments:

Rosey said...

khaira looks beautiful in pink dress and head gear :) macam doll!

Dr. Ikeen said...

Thank you Kak Mawar, the pic is photographed by a friend :)