Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Khaira Asyikin!!

Dearest Khaira,

You're a year old today! :) How time flies..


As Ibu left to office, you were still in deep sleep. I know it might not be the best feeling in the world, waking up without Ibu and Abi by your side, but the truth is.. I couldn't bear. I couldn't bear hearing you cry and holding me not wanting to let go every time I'm about to go to work.

That's a sacrifice all of us have to make. Abi has to go to work to support us. Ibu has to work to pursue the ultimate dreams. And at times, Ibu needs to go back a little late because of my PhD. I am now in my writing process, very close to the end insya Allah. Meaning, more hard work. And Khaira has to sacrifice by spending more time with Nanny just a little while.

See, I don't believe working really hard is necessary. I believe family always comes first and that we must have a balance. I promise you, this is temporary.

Last Saturday, we made a small birthday party for you. I hope you're happy meeting all your relatives and friends. There are many types of people in this world, Khaira. And as your name suggests, be kind to each and every one of them; especially the relatives and friends. Then, they will be nice to you in return.

Each and everyone in this world has their own kindness, dig until you find them. But if somehow, the goodness inside them still couldn't make you tolerate to the evil inside them, walk away gracefully, with pride. You must always define your lines in life, Khaira. What you can tolerate and what you can't. Once you have defined them, stick to them and pray may Allah SWT guides you.

Whatever it is, Ibu and Abi will always be with you every step of your journey.

Happy birthday, Khaira Asyikin, you're a prayer come true, I can't express in words how much I love you.

There is this song in 90's called Yellow by Coldplay, and if you look at the lyrics, there is this one line,

"For you, I'd bleed myself dry.."

Without Ayah Ngah and Busu

With Khaira's milk mother and Aunty Sumay

This is an example of a good friend, Khaira :)

With Ibu and Abi!
Birthday wishes from Aunty Melissa..

"Happy birthday my sweet Khaira! Be a good daughter ya! Moga jadi anak yang solehah. Aunty Mel cant wait to see you again!"

And from Ibu's friends..


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday again dearest Khaira ! :)

kzedz said...

happy birthday Sayang :)

Dr. Ikeen said...

Thank you Aunty Melissa and Aunty Noralwani! :)