Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The radio - DarwishDarwisya's method

Guess what we did after DarwishDarwisya's seminar?


Cendol by the road.. :) Of course, while evaluating back our parenting and discussing on our way forward.

We realized, we have to start now, while the momentum is there. Despite of being both mentally and physically tired after the seminar, we gather all our strength to hunt for a portable radio although we had to be at the airport by 11pm to meet up MIL before she headed back to Korea.

So what's up with the portable radio?

Pn. Lina (a.k.a mother of DarwishDarwisya) played the 30 surahs of Juz Amma to her babies from the womb (babies develop the ability to listen since they are 5 months old in the womb) until now everyday. During play, during travelling in the car, etc.

Why?

This is what I mean when I said she's a sub-conscious junkie like me. When I learned about hypnotizing, one of the key points is REPETITION. Have you ever encountered a day, when you remember to climb into your car and the next thing you know is that you're already in front of your office. You don't have any memory of thinking about the route because you're using the route everyday, it becomes a norm to you.

I guess the same concept applies to Darwish and Darwisya. After 3 years of listening to the same surahs everyday, they must have listened to them for about 1000 times already and the hafazan becomes effortless. They have been hypnotized with the Quran, Alhamdulillah.

I tried that on Spiderbaby recently. Was very easy whenever I was around. But since I'm leaving her with mom during work, I tried very slowly so that mom won't think I'm obsessed. At the same time, I don't want to burden her. So, I played it very gently and subtly. Insya Allah.. Benda baik kan, so just have faith :)

What about the surahs Wisya's memorized after Juz Amma?

Her technique is very simple. Juz Amma is played only during the day. When her children were about to sleep, she would play selected surahs she wanted the children to memorize after Juz Amma. These children play with Al Quran, sleep with Al Quran, Masya Allah.

What's the benefit of sleeping with Al-Quran?

My supervisor always tells me to sleep with my PhD research. Also in Islam, one of the best time to give advices to our children is during the time when she was just about to go into deep sleep. That moment, when I learned during hypnotizing, is the moment when you put an information to someone, they will sleep with it, dream with it, put it into their subconscious mind and when they wake up the next day, they would remember about the last thing they think before they sleep. In this case, the Quran.

I remember some days when I was really tired at night. Sometimes couldn't help but complaining, Astaghfirullah. Spiderbaby was born since she was birthed, to wake up every hour until she was about 6 months old. Until now, she was like a baby, would wake up every 2 or 2 hours and a half almost every night. Challenging in that sense, other than that, she is a super easy baby.

But now I am really thankful. I would play the selected surahs throughout the night, because she would wake up multiple times and she has more times to absorb the Quran to her subconscious mind. Everything happens for a reason, Allah SWT the almighty! :)

There are of course many Qari you can find nowadays, which one to choose?

According to Pn. Lina, the ones that we like during pregnancy might make the baby loves it too. My choice - Syeikh Masyari Rashid Al-Afaasi for surah pilihan.

Juz Amma, I used this one..

Simply because I got it for free during the seminar and because I want to vary.

Pray for me to be given the strength to share on flashcards later on!



No comments: