Friday, July 19, 2013

The loss of Cory Monteith

If you've been following my blog for quite a while, you'd notice that I'm a huge fan of Glee.

I was not a big fan of Finn Hudson aka Monteith. I'm in Jesse's team. So I wonder why Finn's death had a profound impact to me.

You see.. Monteith was found dead, alone in his hotel room where the autopsy confirmed the cause of death was excessive alcohol and drugs. He was struggling with his addiction for years.

It was unbelievable. A healthy looking young man with a quarterback sort of body.. who would have thought.



At the moment I'm writing this, one of my closest friend was struggling with drugs and alcohol him/herself.

And I of course was not at all equipped to deal with it. Other than accepting him/her as who he/she is (probably the reason why he/she came clean to me and only me..) I'm pretty much as clueless as you are on drugs and stuff.

People can be rebellious. I never told him/her to stop. But by showing him/her enough love over the years.. I hope it'll help him get over them.

But the passing of Monteith made me wonder.. it's obvious how much love and support Lea Michelle provided him on his addiction but the addictions were still there all along. And to tell my friend to stop altogether might lead to a risk that he/she will never tell me the truth afterwards.

Sigh..

RIP Cory Monteith.

No comments: