Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I've been up to :)

Since I'm done with PhD, which makes me suddenly realized how light my head is, I started doing all the things that I wanted to do all these while.

One of them is cooking new things.

I cooked new things almost every week now.

Among them are sushi, puff and pizza. Can you believe it? :)

As what my friends told me and what I'm gonna tell you now, if I can do it, so can anybody else.

I am yet to master my cooking. I gave up on Pavlova after my fourth attempts that ended up pretty much looking like a crepe :( So, I'm gonna share these simple recipe with you guys, because it is sooooo simple!

Sushi rice



3 cups of rice
Quarter cup of vinegar or apple cider (or rice wine)
3 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt

Pour all the ingredients in the rice cooker and cook

Puff



Roti paratha instant (my fav is kawanku)
Sardine, tuna, or whatever you like to put inside puff, my fav is chicken and cheese

Cut the paratha into 3slices
Put in sardine/tuna/chicken inside
Bake it at 220 degree Celsius for 20 minutes

The pizza crust (per serving)



2 cups high protein flour
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 cup warm water

Combine everything and mix to a soft dough.
Then leave it for half an hour under warm towel so it can rise.
Knead gently for 1 minute.
Put topping on top. I used tomato puree, some cooked sausage+chicken+pepper+egg, mixed herbs and grated parmesan cheese.

Love is super happy with the cooking. Khaira loves the pizza. My colleagues too. So, it's a happy cycle yay!

No comments: