Saturday, December 7, 2013

My last day in Tsukuba :)

Hye everyoneeee *wave*

I'm in Japan currently. Been here since Tuesday.  Alone. No Ks.

My first time leaving Khaira made the both of us so miserable. She kept asking mom why I didn't bring her. Sadddd.. it's 2 am now in Japan.  Couldn't sleep cuz I was so excited counting down the time I got to hold her again.

Japan has been fun. It was in between fall and winter now. Temperature ranges between 1 degree to 13 degrees. I survived with only 3 layers; long john, normal clothing and jacket since it wasn't that windy compared to Korea. Long john is a must, it really helps a lot.

I'm here for some trainings actually. At the moment I am in Tsukuba, my training is at Natural Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster (NIED). Basically I'm learning on how the Japanese alert the residents when disaster happens. So we can have a flood and landslide monitoring system in our country as well.

Before you saw the geeky side of me, let me just stop and share with you the pictures..

Day 1.

Arrived at Tsukuba around 9.30 am and straight to NIED.. omgggg so beutiful Subhanallah..



The Japanese technology amazed me, I was speechless looking at their research. So ethical and sincere and hi tech.

I stayed at Toyoko-Inn hotel which was in Kenkyu Gakuen. A station away was Tsukuba station which was filled with shopping malls. Seriously, shopping malls are everywhere here. Had dinner there that night.

Day 2.

Started the training with a presentation on what we have done for flood and landslide monitoring in our country so far.


After training, we took an hour train to Akihabara, Tokyo. This is like Low Yat, since I am here for work, I took the opportunity to survey their technology in gadgets and such. So geek I know.

Slept over at my friend's hotel because I was scared to walk alone to my hotel and also because it became so lonely to a point that I felt like I could break into tears anytime, missing my lil ones..



Day 3.

Woke up really early.. it was so cold.. and we strolled down the park near my friend's hotel before the training.



It was a half day training before we moved to visit Ibaraki University which was an hour and a half away from Tsukuba.

That night, I shopped for a while at one of the malls near Tsukuba station and off to pack my stuff for the morning.



Day 4.

Checked out, left my bag and shop again for some souvenirs in Ijas mall near my hotel.

So hard to find clothes for people back at home, everything is for winter.



Then I left Tsukuba for good and started my lonely journey to Tokyo. See you in my next entry.

No comments: