Sunday, April 6, 2014

How I met your mother and what it taught me.

After 9 years, without any episodes I've missed.. it comes to an end, this one.


Sad? No.. not really, the ending is not as dramatic as Friends. So I'm okay with it. Plus there is still The Big Bang Theory, Bazinga!

And I'm okay with the ending as well. *Spoiler alert* For me, it's the ONLY logical explanation why there is so little story about the mother and sooooo much about Aunt Robin along the way. It only makes sense and the stories tally along the way, so I'm okay with it.

But don't get me wrong. I said the ending makes sense. It doesn't mean I like the way it ends. I mean, Robin is one complicated woman. If someone as complex as Barney couldn't hold on to her, what makes you think Ted can? Robin and Barney just have that chemistry. Sorry, Ted!

Anyhow, I've learned a lot from the ending of HIMYM. Among them are that (1)  if it is meant to be, it is meant to be. And (2) for love to happen, it needs to also come at the right time.

Recently, I attended the engagement of two of my close friends.

Ok, Khaira.. comellah tu spoilkan picture cam tu!!



One of them is engaged to somebody she just knew, in a very ironic way. She reminded me that, (1) if it is meant to be, it is meant to be. It doesn't take a light year for you to really know that someone to get married. Sometimes you have been together for years, but if it's not meant to be, it doesn't matter how inside out you know that somebody. In the end, it is how much both of you are willing to mold yourself to meet each other half way.

The other ended up with her long term boyfriend, and boy was I super excited that they finally ended up together!! :) So, number (2) applies, no matter how long you have been together, it happens only at the right time. Allah SWT has planned it all for us. Just have faith.

No comments: