Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How I imagine the birth of Baby A would be.

It was the third day of Raya. I woke up for Subuh at in law's house only to discover I had a blood show. Was confident I was gonna birth that day.

I woke Love up. Called my parents, so they quickly packed up their stuff to head home. Surge was mild by then. Packed up my stuff and headed to parents' crib.

Half way, we dropped by for breakfast. KFC seemed a good choice as the other stalls were still close at that time. Had a heavy breakfast and feeling so good about the surge which somehow became stronger quickly compared to with Khaira.

By the time we reached parents' cribs at about 10am, my parents arrived almost at a similar time. They took care of Khaira while I had my rest going through the surges.

At around noon, we time the surge and I decided that it was time to head to the hospital. So we took a slow drive to An Nur while I had some packed KFC for my lunch.

After registration, I was referred to the labor room and that was when my water broke. It felt funny. The nurse did a VE and discovered I was around 6 cms dilated. They gave me enema.

Quickly after enema around 1pm, my gynae came for another VE and said I was already 9 cms dilated.  Funny this time around the sensation was much more bearable than with Khaira.

Before they could tie me up to EFM, I felt the sensation of pushing. Love informed the midwife and suddenly it felt so natural to breath the baby out. At one breath, baby's head was out just about when the midwife and gynae was ready. At second breath sharp at 1.15pm, Baby A was born very healthily at 2.7 kgs. She looked so red :)

Less than 5 minutes afterwards, placenta was out. Perineum was intact, it was in fact a smooth easy delivery. Ahamdulillah.

The recovery process was fast. Baby was doing great. Healthy baby. We were discharged the next day. And everything went ever so smoothly; with breastfeeding, recovering and confinement. :)

Alhamdulillah. Syukur.

In shaa Allah. Ameen.

No comments: