Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How to talk to your toddler

So currently I'm reading this..


Why? Because seriously.. having a toddler somehow seems more challenging than a newborn. The tantrum Khaira has nowadays since Aisha was born, ya Allah..

Look at the pic below.. Whenever mom dukung Aisha..


Anyhow, I just finished reading the first chapter of the book. I found it very interesting,  how it trained you to talk to your toddler.

Some points to share:

1. To encourage your toddler to eat --> "You take a bite of your vege, and then I'll take a bite of mine"

2. Separation anxiety --> Reassure that you will return and get her interested in an activity. Eg. "I know you don't want me to leave, but I'll be back soon" or "Why don't you feed your teddy while I make lunch?" Don't do this.. "it makes me mad when you do that" or "Poor baby.."

3. Weaning from bottle --> " You're a big girl now. Just like me, big girl drinks from bottle"

4. Other people have feelings too --> " When you hit Abi, it hurts him"

5. Put off a toddler's request --> " I can't play now. I'm reading my book. Reading my book is fun for me. Just like playing masak2 is fun for you. Now I'm going to have some fun with my book while you have some fun with your bricks". Explain the reasons to them.

I shall share more in shaa Allah.

No comments: