Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Seminar Kuasai Potensi Diri 2015 - A review

"Is it ok if I wear this shorts?" Love asked, pointing at his funky Dockers I bought not long ago.

"Ala.. pakai je, it's not an islamic talk pon," I replied casually.

...

"We're not gonna be separated, are we?" He asked as we were about to reach SACC.

"I don't think so," I replied.

...

As we walked to the hall, I knew I could not be any more wrong. Love was the only one with shorts (Sorry, Sayang!) Anddd.. the seats were separated between boys and girls.

"They're not gonna make us do lame things, are they? Hand clapping, saying stuff, no?" This time around I asked insecurely. He knows how much I hate those craps.

"I'm not in the mood to meet a new people or to make new friends," He replied. On very rare occasions, he would be like this. Most of the times, he make new friends like magic. "So, it's your call. It's ok if you want to leave."

I peeked inside with lightings like a night club and people wore lots of glitters, I almost ran away. Contemplating for about 15 mins, and I said, "let's give him a chance. An hour say, then we leave".

So we stayed. For 3 hours for a talk of 5 hours duration. You rate, how good he was to us. I would stay until the end.. IF I was seated next to Love, yeah we're clingy like that, I mean come on.. it was weekend, the kids were with mom, we deserved to be next to each other at least. Haha.

Anyhow, yes, he made us do lame things. But, both Love and I found a way to entertain ourselves, so we managed to go through that stage of hand clapping, anda-kaya-dan-berjaya by looking at the people who were doing it. Entertaining, I tell you.. Until now, I don't even understand the standing-up-on-their-chair-thingy and the dancing excitedly women. Had so much fun looking at them.

I was of course busy whatsapping with Love (clingy kann..) when DAO explained how the talk worked, so I was lost when people waved and said "hi" every now and then.

"Siapa nak jadi kaya dan berjaya?"

"Hi" and wave.

"Siapa nak bahagia?"

"Hi" and wave.

At that point, I was too scared to ask.

Right after the talk, Love said it was not "Hi" and wave. It was "I" and raised up your hand. Ok, that makes sense.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Put your phone down!



Jokes aside. Let's talk about the talk.

I'm especially interested in what he called as the wheel of life. And I'm gonna share just that in my post here. The rest.. lemme promote his talk at the end of my sharing here.

Basically DAO asked us to divide our 2015 planning into 6 categories:

1. Career
2. Financial
3. Family
4. Religion
5. Health
6. Emotional

Then, in a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself, how satisfy are you with these criteria (during 2014); number 10 being the best. Let's play with me. This is how I rate myself:

1. Career: 8
2. Financial: 9
3. Family: 6
4. Faith/religion: 5
5. Health: 8
6. Emotional: 5

Next step, compare it with your partner and go likeee.. "Are you kidding me? Confident gileeee!!" (Love rated himself all 8 and above, cheh.) Or went like, "Are you serious, family 6? You spent more time with the girls kots. Emotional 5?" (Love thought I did better, so I took it as a compliment).

Ok kidding again. DAO did not ask to compare.. but come on.. who didn't???

Then, take the bottom three and list 5 things on how you plan to improve yourself on that criteria.

Insaff..

Some of the things I plan to do in 2015..
1. No phone 7.30 to 9.30 (family time)
2. Recite quran everyday
3. Dhuha everyday
4. Hypnotized myself.. so I calm as I reach home
5. More patient with the kids

The rest of the talks are on positive thinking, back to the higer power, the usual.. go if you're not familiar with this. Go if you're familiar cuz you need constant reminder.

My verdict: Go! This guy is doing a beautiful job here (free if you come in a group of 3) to help his own race. Stop giving excuses and don't wear shorts ok. Hehe.

P/S: Love made a friend there who offered him a job verbally. So much of not feeling like making a new friend.. Seriously, how did guys do this?

No comments: