Thursday, March 12, 2015

Ibrah surah Yusuf Perspektif Parenting - a review

Recently, I went to two different talks by two different speakers. Talk number 1 is a two day event, while talk number 2 is an hour event.

I found it ironic on how an hour talk provided me with more contents than a two days talk.

And even more ironic on how a supposedly 2 days motivational talk left me unmotivated and judged. :( Shall not talk about that, but if you're a motivational speaker reading this.. please be careful when you're joking demoralisingly, because people listen to you.

Anyhow, this afternoon, I went to Bangi gateway and I must thank mama yaya zone for the effort, it is totally free, such kindness. Thank you Ustaz Syaari, Subhanallah.. such a good speaker as always, I can't even..


...
Ustaz started his talk with the needs of understanding the Quran. Not only for parenting, but for everything in our life, treat it as our hidayah. Try to read the meaning of each surah and think what is the significance of each line to us. And if we suddenly heard a surah, try to think that Allah SWT is telling us something through the surah. Go back and read the meaning of that surah.

The specialty of Surah Yusuf is that Prophet Yusuf is the only Prophet that has a special surah in the Quran. Also, he is the only Prophet whose story has been told since he was born until the end of his life.

Some points captured from the seminar as has been enlightened by Ustaz Syaari:

1. From Surah Yusuf : 7 

Iman tidak diwarisi. Prophet Yusuf's father, grandfather and great grandfather were all Prophets. Yet, look at  his brothers. Meaning to say that, after the kids baligh, then it is beyond our control. We could just give the best, try our all and later on, pray and redha.

2. From Surah As Safaat : 102

And when he reached with him [the age of] exertion, he said, "O my son, indeed I have seen in a dream that I [must] sacrifice you, so see what you think." He said, "O my father, do as you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the steadfast."

On how Prophet Ibrahim asked for the child's opinion. Even he, a Prophet himself asked for the son's opinion although he obviously not in need to do so.

3. From Surah Hud : 46

He said, "O Noah, indeed he is not of your family; indeed, he is [one whose] work was other than righteous, so ask Me not for that about which you have no knowledge. Indeed, I advise you, lest you be among the ignorant."

On how Allah SWT tells Prophet Noh that his own son is indeed not of his family because the son is among the ignorant.

The 4 out of 10 principles in raising your children


1. Be a good listener

Surah Yusuf : 4

[Of these stories mention] when Joseph said to his father, "O my father, indeed I have seen [in a dream] eleven stars and the sun and the moon; I saw them prostrating to me."

Although Prophet Yaakob was very very old as compared to Prophet Yusuf who was then 12 years old, it shows that his son did not feel awkward to share with his father about his dream.

2. Call your children with a name that she/he loves

Shall call Khaira, princess now. Kbye.

3. Raise your kids accordingly.

Surah Yusuf : 5

He said, "O my son, do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive against you a plan. Indeed Satan, to man, is a manifest enemy."

On how Prophet Yaakob told his son to not tell the brothers about his dream. It was a good news, the dream was one of the signs that Prophet Yusuf was about to become a prophet. But Prophet Yaakob did not tell that in fear of the son's security.

Moral of the story, treat your kids according to their age, maturity and capability.

4. Look what lies beneath..

Referring to Surah Yusuf : 5 above, how Prophet Yaakob diverts the conversation from talking about the brothers "O my son, do not relate your vision to your brothers or they will contrive against you a plan." to the Satan, "Indeed Satan, to man, is a manifest enemy" shows that our real enemy is not human.

When our kids throw a tantrum, remember, Satan is the enemy. And always study why they throw their tantrum rather than quickly punishing them.


I know, I know, my explanation was not as exciting as I sounded like. Truth is, I am not good in this matter. (Plus I'm hungry, need Nasi though I just ate a couple of hours ago. Seriously, breastfeeding makes me eat like a Giant) The real explanation, is wayyyy beyonddddddddd.. Like, seriously.

So, go! Tomorrow :)


No comments: