Saturday, January 2, 2016

Preparation for Umrah; bringing baby and toddler

Hye everyone!

At the moment, I am soo soo excited, counting the days to be the guest of my Creator.

To breathe the same air and be in the same land where my Prophet used to live.

December has been a month where I cried more than the whole year itself. The month where I have been depressed more than the PhD itself. The month when my beloved Grandmother whom I dearly called 'Mak' passed away.

To be given the opportunity to be in Makkah and Madinah just a month after Mak's passing, I took it as a way Allah swt wants to cheer me up.

So let me just share with you some of our preparation to go there:

Financially
1. Package varies from RM5k to 10k. Ours is around RM7k. RM5k for 4y.o Khaira and RM1k+ for 18m.o Aisha.
2. Overall for adult, would suggest to prepare around RM10k -> RM7k for package, RM500 for documentations (passport, injection, etc), RM1k for clothings, snacks from here and RM1.5k expenses there.

Flight
We are going with Saudi Airlines. Please check where you will be heading first. As far as I know; you have 3 options:
1. Land in Madinah and stay in Madinah first, then from Madinah by bus to Makkah (6 hours) and from Makkah to Jeddah (1 hour) and fly there.
2. Land in Jeddah and stay in Makkah first, then to Madinah and fly back from Madinah.
3. Land in Jeddah, then bus to Madinah, and from Madinah back to Makkah and fly back from Jeddah.

I opt for Option 1 as suggested by Rayhar. First timer is always advised to go to Madinah first and because they said airport in Madinah is more manageable.  I would suggest to avoid Option 3 as it requires twice travelling; Jeddah to Madinah and Madinah back to Makkah.

Hotel
We took a package with Rayhar where our hotel is just around 120m away from masjidil haram, which I think is very convenient when bringing kids along. Make sure the hotel provides at least 3 meals a day; again for convenience.

Documentations
1. Sijil nikah verified by jabatan agama if you're going with your husband and if you are below 45
2. Surat beranak verified by jpn for your kids
3. Visa photo wearing black scarf - RM12 for 4 pieces
4. Passport - now standardized to RM200 for 5 years
5. Acyw-135 vaccination. RM165 per pax. For child below 2, must go to paed and will be evaluated case by case whether or not need the vaccination. If not needed, the paed must produce a letter.

Physically
1. Walk 5km a day as suggested. Need to do it pronto

Mentally
1. Solat taubat and solat hajat may everything will be ease for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing this special trip especially the fact that your babies ikut skali.
Looking forward for many more stories and tips

yanty