Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Braces and retainers

After what seems like a looonggg painful 18 months of my life, I finally had my braces removed!

Love said I'm gonna miss them.

WRONG!!

I can finally eat whatever I want! I don't even like chewing gum to begin with, but knowing that I couldn't have it for the past 18 months, I had one recently. FREEDOM!!

Removing the braces was easy. No pain, no sensation, no weird taste like when you had your braces on. Just easy.

But the thing is, the glue they used to hold your braces stayed even after they removed the braces. Even scaling is not able to clean it off entirely. I plan to throw another visit to scale them one more time.

I was given a plastic retainer. Which gave me so much pain at first but getting used to it now. Had to wear it day and night for 2 years. But I just used it at night.

Talking about retainer, there are three types of retainer:

Hawley retainer

Clear retainer

Fixed retainer
I left the decision to my dentist to decide which is suitable for me, he chose clear retainer and so far, I'm happy with it.

My thoughts on braces: If your teeth are almost perfect, forget it. It hurts.. BIG time. Trust me. Every now and then, I was cursing those who said pakai braces tak sakit. Grr..

But the results, totally worth it.

On a different note, I am removing some of my old pics, those times when I haven't started wearing yet. So, please do pardon me for any inconveniences. :)

No comments: