Thursday, December 4, 2014

13 years and counting

Love and I are always pysched about anniversaries.

21st November marked our 13 years anniversary. 13 years since he proposed to me as his girlfriend in front of the boy's toilet in our high school. I was just done with my Tae Kwan Do practice in my Tae Kwan Do's shirt that was stained with chemicals that I just accidentally burned in my chemistry lab. Bad day ended with memorable ones. How time flies..

I love you, baby!

As always, both of us took a leave on that Friday. Had breakfast at our fav. mamak (the only mamak I ate), Ad Dhuha (the owner is a Malay, btw; my colleague's hubby) together with K, dropped by at Little Caliph to pay her fees, back at home to feed the little ones while Love had his Friday prayer. Then, leaving the girls for our little date!

We watched Interstellar and oh my goodness!! Have you watched? Have you watched? What do you mean you haven't watched???? Go watch now! Totally worth my 3 hours and the dizziness due to the aftermath.

Then, we had our early dinner at TGI Fridays. New menu, everybodyyyy!! Loaded chip Nachos! Recommended by the waiter with the description, "Macam kerepek makan dengan cheese." Made us laughed, but actually that was exactly how it tasted like.

Pic in hubby's phone, so I stole this pic from google

Okay, the best part.. what did I give him for our anniversary?


Photobook, yo! A compilation of all our pics from 13 years back!!!

I bought the Photobook from Groupon. Made it at http://www.photobook.com.my/. The design and all can be done online. They even provide templates. The process is very simple. And you just submit the design and the pics online, the next day it arrives at your doorstep.

The best part is, Love loves it a lot!! Hehe.

The next day was his birthday, he had 3 celebrations this year. Amboi!

I made him a no bake Nutella Cheese Cake! While both Love and Aisha were asleep, I brought Khaira with me to buy the ingredients and before both of them were awake, the cake was almost done!

The crumbs on top were done by K

Not pretty, but really yummy. Both my brothers had 3 slices at once. I know Love would love to have 3 slices too, but he was on diet so.. *perasan mode on*

Seriously, it's easy to make and yummy (the yummiest no bake cheese cake I've done). I don't fancy baking. At all. But come on, this is a no bake cake and for my hubby's bday. Once a year ok lah kan.. because he's the only guy I'd bake for in this world (not lazy, ok, sweet! Haha!).

If you happen to follow my Instagram and Facebook, some of my friends asked me what happened with the parcel from UK.


Like I predicted, he didn't manage to find it. It was under the bed, he looked but couldn't find. Guys! Then I put it in my laptop bag next to his. Couldn't find as well. And finally I put it in the paper bag where he usually placed his baju-kotor-yang-can-still-pakai (guys!), mestilah tak jumpe jugak! So, he got his present on his birthday, lupe ambil gambar ok. Next time, in shaa Allah!

Anyhow, doakan kami bahagia until jannah!

For those interested with the no bake Nutella cheese cake; copied from Nigella's website.

Ingredients (*tak logik kan I ada penimbang or able to measure in gram segala ingredients ini, jadiku pakai hentam)

250 grams digestive biscuits (McVitie's besar = 400gm, so agak2 la separuh lebih sikit)
75 grams soft unsalted butter (1 bar setengah)
1 x 400 grams jar nutella (at room temperature)
100 grams chopped toasted hazelnuts (tak jumpa hazelnuts, so pakai digestive biscuit punye crumbs)
500 grams cream cheese (at room temperature) (1 pack Tatura besar)
60 grams icing sugar (sifted)

Method

  1. Break the digestives into the bowl of a processor, add the butter and a 15ml tablespoon of Nutella, and blitz until it starts to clump. Add 25g/3 tablespoons of the hazelnuts and continue to pulse until you have a damp, sandy mixture.
  2. Tip into a 23cm/9inch round springform and press into the base either using your hands or the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to chill.
  3. Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then add the remaining Nutella to the cream cheese mixture, and continue beating until combined.
  4. Take the springform out of the fridge and carefully smooth the Nutella mixture over the base. Scatter the remaining chopped hazelnuts on top to cover and place the tin in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight. Serve straight from the fridge for best results.



No comments: