Thursday, August 5, 2010

The bliss in giving

I had a tiring tiring week..

Love was in Sabah the whole week, I thought I was going to have more time to do my work. But workload just keep increasing

This morning I feel like I've had enough.

Was stuck in jam for an hour plus. Met my supervisor. Rush to class. Student came for advice for an hour. Rush to bank. Eat half of my meal. Depressed and nearly cried, rushed to class.

Work pending: Exam question. Still owe my supervisor another conference paper, meaning i need to run a simulation. Preparation for a talk on Latex.

Then this evening, I had to go back Ampang, tomorrow rush for my convo rehearsal.. very.. very.. depressing.

Was about to break down when I closed the class door and I could not manage to lock it. Then a student came to me and said, "Madam, are u free now. I'm not from your section, but can i just see u for a while, i have so many problem to ask you about?"

"Okay, sure" Deep inside was cursing myself.. i'm not free. I have lots of problems myself.

Btw, his for a while took 1 and a half hour. A lot of things he was confused about on that subject in his class that he did not manage to clarify yet.

But at the end of the conversation, he looked so happy and thanked me like multiple times. And the depression just went away just like that.

To top it all, before he went away he said, "Madam, is it ok if i come to ur section to learn about this subject from now on?"

Are you kidding me, it's a pleasure. But of course la kena cover macho, so I said, "Sure! So, you're going to go to your class and my class? If you can find time, why not."

He said, "Thank you, Madam."

"Thank YOU".

That's the best thing of being a lecturer.

You found bliss in giving. :) Just when u thought u dont have anything else to give.

2 comments:

lex said...

I found your blog!!! Hahahaha! And yeah, what you say is so true... I love my job! :)

Dr. Ikeen said...

I know you do, babe!! With students like yours, being a lecturer can be so freaking hillarious at times!!