Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Climb

I've been listening for "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus almost every day during my Master's degree. It became a pill that I have to take every morning to get me through the toughest time of my Master's journey.

So, when friends keep telling me about Broga Hill, I knew that I just had to reach the top one day.

That morning of Deepavali, I invited my two brothers to come along since they were such big fans of all these outdoor activities. Our mission was to see the sunrise.

It was really dark and slippery that morning, I couldn't see a thing. I slipped off a few times and for the first three times, my two brothers would stop and helped me out and said, "Kak, ok tak ni?" First three times je, then they were nowhere to be found.

I missed the sunrise eventually, was dead slow. As I got about three quarter to reach top of the hill, I called my brother and they were already on top boasting about how beautiful the sunrise was. Benci!

I decided to give up. I was tired. I smelled disgusting. I felt like throwing up. I couldn't imagine I survived to go down the hill, what more to climb even higher. But Love psychoed me with his annoying inspiring words of motivation and threatened motivated me that he too wouldn't climb up the hill if I wouldn't. So, I feel obliged motivated to continue the journey.



And, I was glad I did. Because as it gets steeper, it gets closer. Sort of like my Master, and now PhD, I've to overcome the resistant.

If Allah gets me to it, He'll surely get me through it. Insya Allah. :)




P/S: Sayang, you're an inspiration ♥

2 comments:

Mawar_Mohamad said...

love the last pic of u two.sweet!
the climb by miley cyrus mmg rasa rasa very inspiring kn :)

Dr. Ikeen said...

Very inspiring, kan!