Friday, November 5, 2010

X-ray

Just got back from having my X-Ray done in Daya X-Ray in Jalan Raja Laut.

First attempt..
The radiologist: "Your image is too blur, .... (add some medical term i never heard of in my life), I need to take your x-ray again".
Me: "What probably cause it? Did i move?"
The radiologist: "No, probably because your face is too small"

Second attempt, pray hard..
The radiologist: "Still a bit too blur. I have to make a phone call." (On the phone for about 5 minutes, talking something about the machine had some problem. Hang up and said to me..) "Let's do another one."
Me: "Another one? That is not acceptable ke? You know how many cells you've killed in my body today, kan?" (Almost crying, I'm such a paranoid, ok)
The radiologist: "Sorry mam, but we have to do it one more time, I'm going to increase the exposure."

Third attempt, pray really really hard..
The radiologist: "Still blur. I don't know why. Let me check with the doctor."

At this point, I cried a bit. I have a very VERY wild imagination. Those who really know me can understand this. My imagination is so wild, that I could imagine how orange my tummy looked like after eating Super Ring.

Then, I heard the doctor shouted at the radiologist something like this..

Doctor: "What's the point of me sitting here, you should see me before you take another x-ray, machine got problem. Off the machine, on and try again."

Then the radiologist came to see me.

The radiologist: "We need to take another x-ray. Off and on the machine. We have some problem with the machine."

That was when I've had enough.

Me: So, if you off the machine and on again, can you assure me that the x-ray is working?
The radiologist: No. But we won't charge you anything for the previous x-rays.
Me: It's not about the money, mam. It's about my health. My cells. You are the radiologist. You should know the danger of having too much exposure, right?
The radiologist: Yes, but you are going to wear the plumbum gown. What is your concern, mam? Are you pregnant?
Me: It doesn't matter whether i'm pregnant or not! I just don't want to be your lab rat, okay! Seriously, you should x-ray one of your stuff, and if the machine is ok, then I'd consider doing another x-ray. (At this point, I started to raise my voice.)
The radiologist: Hold on mam, I'll try it one my staff first.

Love and I waited outside for a while. Then, the receptionist called us. And asked for a payment, and gave us the x-ray. Just like that. Love asked for justification.

Love: Just now the staff said we have to try another time. How come now you said ok?
The receptionist: I'm not sure. But you have to pay RM60. (Rude!)
Love: The situation is like this.. (explained about the situation and again asked how come we suddenly have to pay if just now everything was not ok)
The receptionist: I don't know. It's not my problem. Maybe your wife moved the first time. So have to take another two times. You have to pay RM60, thank you. (Very rude!)
Me: How could you say I moved when you know nothing about the situation? We are not paying. We would like to see the doctor. Thank you.

In the doctor's room..
Me: Hello doctor. I would like to have an explanation as of why the radiologist took my x-ray three times and about to take it for the fourth times, and suddenly now you're giving me that x-ray?
Doctor: She told me she took it two times only. I'm so sorry. Let me call the radiologist.

So the radiologist lied. The doctor is a very nice person, apologized. Truth is, the second x-ray is already sufficient. But it's true that the machine has problem. And that I don't have to do the third x-ray actually, if the radiologist would just show the doctor the result earlier. But I'm ok with it. Let bygones be bygones. Though it would be really nice to kill the cells of the radiologist as much as she killed mine.

Then we went to the counter and I paid and told the receptionist, "It was the machine's problem. Next time, you really have to learn manners and don't just assume something. I'm your customer. If you want to stay here working, you better learn PR"

She replied with something very rudely, and asked us to leave, even dare tell us to tell her manager if we are not satisfied. Can you beleive it?

That was when Love stepped in, and things get even worse.

Me? I just took her name and ID number and leave. She told me to tell her manager if we are not satisfied, didn't she? That pretty much solved everything.

Nobody talked to me in that manners. Nobody talked to my husband in that manners.

I told my friend about it, she asked me, "Why this kind of things always happen to you?"

I paused and think. I think it's because I'm able to deal with it. Because I don't just shut up and let people do whatever they wanted to do to me. I fight, for my right. And my husband fights even more for my right. And it's freaking annoying where we complained about it the whole journey back from Jalan Raja Laut to Ampang. But it didn't ruin our morning. Back to Ampang, we had a major laugh about it over breakfast, and it's one of the moment I will forever treasure..

My husband fights for my right :)

2 comments:

nadra186 said...

Uish! nape sampai mcm tu skali? u wat xray utk apa ikeen? tu la... did u complain to the top level? I have a feeling that the receptionist is a malay...

Dr. Ikeen said...

Teruk kan. I did but manager dia asyik takde. Poyo! Anyways dear, the receptionist was Indian :(