Sunday, October 7, 2012

We don't say goodbye!

"So how many kids do you have now?" He asked.

"One, the other on the way." She answered.

"Gosh, what are you gonna do? Clean the house all day?"

"I'm gonna have a day maid come over."

"What are you going to do? You're gonna get bored!"

The above conversation took part when a dear friend decided to retire at the age of 28, with a Master degree. And by retiring means, at the moment she is a full time stay at home mum (SAHM), with no part time business whatsoever - just the way I dream my retirement days would be. Just some passive income because I'm not into business.

And the questions were asked by a husband (I guess I should rephrase that to husbands, because many asked) of a SAHM wife. For me, it's an insult!

They seriously think raising a child would be a simple, boring job and expect the house to be clean by the time they got home and the wife to cook and then still we got bored?

Funny! A SAHM friend barely had time to eat, busy taking care of her three kids and making sure the house was organized.

But SAHM is still my ultimate dream regardless of however challenging it might be like. I once asked this dear friend, just remember your ultimate reason of why you want to retire, so that in difficult days you'll always think back of that reason. Love called it, the "in case briefcase".

She wrote her "in case briefcase" in a book that she gave me on her last day, "Remember in life, our goal is "lillah" (for Allah)! Insya Allah, that will keep us steadfast, happy and contented always, Ameen." I took the advice to heart.

For that is a very strong reason why my ultimate dream is to be a SAHM.

At this moment, I still feel at lost. That dear friend, Dr. Sumay is the closest to me in Uni. She is part of who I am today. I love her beyond words.

But I am so secure by her retirement, that I know, she is a friend I will keep for life, insya Allah :)

We're just a WhatsApp away, I love you to bits!