Tuesday, October 21, 2014

28th September 2014

That night of 27th September was a fun night. We celebrated dad's birthday, 'tapau'ing Nando's and had a wonderful time. Thought of sleeping over at parents' crib, but later decided to go home.

At that time, Aisha still in the process of learning about day and night. So when my phone kept on beeping at 2am, I finally checked my phone while nursing.

See, my grandfather had been sick for almost a year plus already. Since then, we went to visit both my grandparents almost every week. I am so close to my grandmom since she was the one who took care of me back when mom was working.

While I was in confinement and was not able to visit him for weeks.. his sickness worsen. Although it sounds ridiculous, secretly I was hoping that I had that chance to meet him after confinement.. at least once.

Right after my confinement, a week before 28th September, we came and he was asleep.. the whole time. I put some cash in his hand and bought him some diapers and kissed him before I went back.

Back to my phone story, I rarely checked them esp at night.. but that night I did check the WhatsApp group. Uncle sent a video of my grandfather.. "macam nazak," was what going on in my mind. But I pushed that silly thought away.

I asked dad if I should come. I really think I should.

Dad said wait until morning since it was at 3am and we have a newborn there.

Being obedient as always, I tried to get some sleep. Just fell asleep when I dreamt of my grandfather passing and I woke up with the phone ringing.

Love answered.

And the next sentence that came out of his mouth was, "Innalillah.."

Only God knows how shattered my heart, my world, my days are filled with us calming and soothing each other ever since.

It has been a harsh harsh year for us.

Al fatihah to my Datuk. And may Allah swt grants the strength to Mak (my grandmom).

My heart breaks reading fb status of both my brothers..





No comments: