Friday, November 18, 2011

One month old

Anakku Khaira,

Alhamdulillah.. U’re one month old today!

I will forever remember the moment I birth u. U cried a little just to announce ur presence to the world. And when the Dr. put u on my tummy, the first thing I realized was how large your eyes were.. The most beautifull!

During my whole pregnancy, I always pray for an easy delivery. Alhamdulillah, I got just that. But I took for granted to pray for my milk supply. And for the first 3 days of your life, we had to feed u with Mama Iza’s EBM + formula. God knows how it broke my heart. Thus my dear Khaira, don’t take for granted the power of doa. We are just His humble servants after all.

The first night we took you home, we slept at Nanny’s guest room downstairs. What started as a peaceful night turned out to be a chaos when u cried everytime we put u down. So abi and Ibu had to hold u the whole night, clueless on what to do.

The next day onwards, Nanny and Atuk decided to sleep in the living room, helping Abi and Ibu to take care of u. At times, Ayah Ngah and Busu came down to hold u in the middle of the night when u cried, so much love in the house for u. Nanny and Atuk taught us what to do when u cried and eventually u got better day by day. WE gor better day by day. When u grow up later, please do ALWAYS remember what Atuk, Nanny, Ayah Ngah and Busu did for u k.

Khaira, I never knew breastfeeding would be such a time consuming task. U were nursing every hour and sometimes up to 40 mins per nursing. I learned that breast milk are much easier to digest compared to cow’s milk. And that explains the every hour feeding, day and night and I never had a solid sleep more than 2 hours after u’re born.

You were having colic for the first 4 weeks of ur life. I tried to monitor everything I ate, and just about 3 days ago, I stopped eating lobak putih that was supposed to increase my milk supply, and finally ur tummy got better and better. Alhamdulillah.

Day after day, u started to nurse less frequently. Started to recover from ur mild jaundice. Started to learn how to burp and to adapt on day and night.

Ibu on the other hand, learned how to hold a fragile newborn, learned how to nuse u, how to burp u, how to calm u down..

Abi learned how to bath u, to change ur diapers, to swaddle u, to make u sleep..

Dear Khaira, the reason I’m writing this letter is not to whine, but to remind u of the hard times; the times I almost gave up, the times I bet u almost gave up. But look at us Khaira, after a month, we adapt to each other eventually!

You as that tiny little person outside the womb. Ibu and Abi which life changed into parenthood in just one night. And with patience and time, we managed to find the middle point.


A month old Khaira at 3.9 kg


I hope in the future, u’ll always remember, if we survived this, we can survive everything insya Allah. At times u think u cannot go on, remember that u’re a strong person. Not a single cry during BCG, a minor cry during Hep B yesterday, you’ll survive, I have faith.

Much love, Ibu and Abi..

6 comments:

Rosey said...

awww,i can just imagine mommy ikeen :) i went through the same kind of experience mostly being a first time mum during confinement.the bonding btwn u two will get better as months pass by insyaAllah.
She looks like u ikeen :)

Sumayyah Mohd Idris said...

Nicely written Ibu and Abi ! :)

p/s: my mother says Khaira looks soo like u also. well, as we know, Ibu and Abi also have looks of resemblance. huhu...ehe!~

Sumayyah Mohd Idris said...

*lots of resemblance

Dr. Ikeen said...

Kak Mawar: Thank you Kak Mawar. I look forward for the bond to get better :)

Dr. Sumay: Khaira's face is changing day by day. Kadang2 looks like me, other times mcm Abi. Confuse!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dr. Ikeen, about milk supply, you just have to keep on breastfeeding directly rather than using pump for the first 6 weeks, insyaAllah your milk supply will be plenty enough for your baby Khaira. The more the baby drinks, the more milk your body will produce, good luck :)

Btw, i just love to read your blog.

Dr. Ikeen said...

Ooopsss!! No pumping for the first 6 weeks? Aiyo.. I never knew that. Thank you very much for the information. Yup, Ameen. Please doakan the milk supply will be enough for Baby Khaira. Thank you for the comment, I truly appreciate. :)