Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Forgive and forget

Ramadhan is almost leaving, Raya is coming. Ahh.. The months of forgiveness :)

For the past 26 years of my life, I choose to forgive everyone and forget about their wrongdoings, every Raya. In return, I hope everyone else would just forgive and forget about all my wrongdoings for the year.

But this year, I think forgiveness is sufficient.

Evil?

Well again, it's how you look at it. Even the sweetest thing on earth, (e.g The Beaver Song by Robin Sparkles and Jesse Glitter) can be misinterpreted.

I can't bear to forget this time because if I choose to forget, I am sure I would do the same mistake twice.

Example, if you lend your money to some alcoholics only to find out they use that money to buy them some beer, would you forgive them? Yes, you might. But would you be so naive to forget whatever they did, and lend them some money again the next time and the same mistake happens.

I know I am so easy to forget sometimes.

This time around, I'm trying not to. Or rather, I would choose to just forgive and forget that person entirely. Can arr?

Quoting from a friend's twitter, "Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy."

No comments: