Alhamdulillah.. Finally Khaira has recovered from that persistent coughing.
It started somewhere in March, that longgg dry cough for a month plus. We went to 2 different paedetricians; singulairs, zyrtec and ventolin were prescribed as according to them.. it was an asthmatic cough. None of my family and in law's have asthma so it was a bit odd to us. According to the doctor, Khaira was allergy to dust and the carpet in kindy might be the cause. She recovered after antibiotics.
About two weeks after, the coughing began again. I couldn't afford to see so many drugs in my baby's body, so I went to homeopathy. According to the doctor, both lymph nodes were swollen, hence the cough kept coming back. Crazy I tell you the healing process of the homeopathy. But Khaira recovered well.
After a month, the cough striked back. This time, the old prescription of homeopathy did not work and one of her lymph node still swollen so doctor gave her a new prescription and she was well again for three weeks before that dry annoying cough began again. I felt soooo down everytime she coughed. No ice cream, house is always clean, no junk foods, lots of fruits and juices, omg the extend I've been through..
When it started again, I decided to get another opinion. I read online about Dr. Nadir Khan, so I went to his clinic and I received a new insight. He said zyrtec and ventolin or any other cough medicines are not recommended for Khaira as it helps the phlegm to accumulate and beku. So he gave us ubat kahak, to let the phlegm loose and Khaira had her first neb.
He advised us to steam 3 to 4 times a day until she's okay. Followed by percussion. He said it was not asthma but rather one of her saluran pernafasan was infected and did not cure from the first infection, hence it recurs.
And.. we did not look back ever since. Alhamdulillah. Khaira has been in an excellent health for over 2 months now.
Let me share what I did to her until she became Alhamdulillah healthy now, perhaps it can be of a help:
1. Doa from Surah Yunus, Ayat 57; from Ustaz Syarhan. Apart from that continuos doa, also to a friend who went for hajj.
2. Steam everyday: 3 to 4 times a day. Just take a rice cooker, fill in with water, wait until it is hot, sit on a chair with ur kid on ur lap, face facing the steam from ricecooker while doing percussion on her back for 10 minutes each session at least. I put garlic, habbatus sauda, salt and acv in the boiled water as these ingredients are known as a good antiviral. Of course, nobody asked me to put it.. just trial and error.. but it works.
2. After 10 minutes of steaming while doing percussion at the back, lie your kid flat and do percussion in front. FYI, tepuk percussion itu sungguh kuat ya but not supposed to hurt. Focus on the areas where when you do percussion, your kid coughs or said it feels itchy. Supposed they vomit after percussion, but mine did not, no worries it will go out with the stools.
3. Minyak bawang putih/garlic oil? Just roast a clove of garlic, mesh and mix with olive oil. Spread at her chest, back, behind ears and sole of feet.
4. But at times it worsen, I did the extreme. Took a large onion.. slice it, take one slice and place at the sole of her feet. Covered them with socks that I wet with acv. Overnight strong antiviral. Hehe.
5. Supplements. Fish oil and vitamin C really helps. I took Nature's Way fish oil and Champs 100mg Vitamic C. In conclusion, this is K's supplements everyday (when Ibu remembers, tee hee):
- In that spoon is a mix of raw honey+pomegranate exract+fish oil+vco
- 1 tablet of Vit C
- The makanan sunnah I prepared for her; shall blog about it soon.
6. Fruits and veges everyday althought sometimes at a small quantity
7. Goat's milk every now and then. I used Purenat goat's milk when I can't get my hands of the fresh ones.
8. Change her to a school without carpet.
I hope it helps, everyone.
"Ya Allah, please grant health to both Khaira and Aisha Asyikin. Ameen."