Monday, July 9, 2012

Caramel pudding

I am.. oopss.. correction.. I was not so good with dessert before. But the lab I'm currently staying (I got a new lab yo!) are full with talented working supermums.

First, they insisted me to cook bubur pulut hitam, which was ok. Terkurang santan. Insya Allah, will try do it again very soon.

Then, last week I did this!! Caramel pudding, ok. Good enough for me, considering I just started with dessert. It took me like 20 minutes to get it done, simple recipe, yet very delicious!


Hiasan kena berguru lagi

Ok, recipe best kena share..

For caramel:
1/4 cup of sugar

For pudding:
3 eggs
1 can evaporated creamer (susu cair, bukan pekat manis ok!)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla essence to get rid of the unpleasent smell of eggs (but since I don't have this, I just memandai potong daun pandan kat luar rumah, hehe)

Ok, simple recipe..

For caramel, just melt the sugar in a pan. Stir until it becomes caramelized. Don't have to put any water, the sugar will caramelized nicely, it takes time.

Then pour the caramel in a container. Put at one side. Don't worry, it'll become hard like candy. It's ok. Don't get panic like me. Haha!

For the pudding, take the eggs, creamer, sugar and vanilla essence in a blender, blend it until smooth. Also take a while. Patience is the key.

Then, pour in the container filled with caramel just now. Steam for 20 mins.

Anddd... ready to serve. Sebenarnye kena masuk fridge dulu, but kalau tak sabar mcm saye, boleh je terus potong n mkn. Yummy!

Pasnih nak buat bread and butter pudding pulak, then maybe boleh buat red velvet, pastu rainbow cake. Pastu boleh buat cake utk birthday party Khaira Asyikin! Ohh!! Berangan!

2 comments:

Fatin Fairuz said...

Ikeen..aku baru je masak bubur pulu hitam semalam..and..jadik..tak sangke gak aku boleh masak..haha..(padahal senang je kan bende tuh:P)

Dr. Ikeen said...

Hahaha. Tuhla pasal, senang je. Kalau tak try ingat susah je kan! ;p