Thursday, June 13, 2013

Investment?

I stayed with 6 girls in my lab for PhD. Girl power, y'all!

They were at least 7 years older than me. And ohh.. living their life so lavishly. Like a dream life for me.

So I wonder.. I mean if both Love's and my salaries were to be combined, we are in a category of high income (until you minus all the student loans, car loan and housing loans) and yet where do the money goes?

30% a month to ASB and Tabung Haji with around 7% dividend a year.

Am I happy with it? Oh yes at first. Not anymore when I met these girls.

One of them, the wife of a CFO.. inspired me a lot :)

So I started to study on other investments. I'm not interested in properties, too lazy to monitor. Not working for my dad, the tenant ran away, three months unpaid utility bills and the house was a wreck.

I started small, with gold investment. My choice..



Let me explain a little bit on gold. Bought it when the price was down; which was the lowest by far at that moment. And until today, the price is still going down :( If I sell mine now, I'd lose about 21% already.

Not mentioning how much hassle I went through for my gold purchasing to ensure it was syariah compliance, the worse thing for me is the spread.

Now what is spread?

Spread is the difference between the buying and selling price. And for public gold, around 7% ok. That's a lot. :(

I guess gold investment is not for me.

So I started with something else, which adds RM11k in my account last month. A total of 24% profit for me in less than a month! Rezeki Ibu and Ayah nak pergi umrah :) Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah.

How did I manage to do that? Will share it next entry, in shaa Allah.

No comments: