Monday, March 7, 2011

Where does your relationship bring you?

I'm glad I have been through the stage of where my relationship would bring me.

But just a couple of years back, I was having a hard time thinking of that haunting question. Of course if I knew I would end up marrying a guy I've been in love with for the past 9 years, I would just relax, but none of us know what the future holds for us, and that's the challenge.

A few years back, I met FJoe via my best friend. We moved into the same condo where we rented for a year during our second year degree. Both of us were in a relationship where we had a lot of uncertainties.

*Pics in our old condo, Palm Garden
Sometimes, in a relationship, you sacrificed a lot. Your time, your money, your feelings, part of yourself even. And you wonder what do you get in return.

Lucky for me, I ended up gaining everything I sacrificed for. The tears, the miserable nights all have been paid for and all that I have FJoe to thank for. During the hardest night, she would never ever let me go to sleep alone in my room, we ended up sharing the small single bed almost every night. During the time she thought I should have my pride, she would hide my handphone so that I would never embarassed myself and swallow my pride. During the boring weekend, she would take me to places and make me forget about the uncertain relationship I have.

She was the best break up doctor I ever had in my life.

No, that is not the best part!!

The best part is that, she's always happy for me when things get better, though I know really deep inside, she thought I deserved better.

But that's what friends are for. You support each other though you don't always agree on each other's decision.

Well, the story has not finished yet. As I said, lucky for me things paid off for me.

But it worked the other way around for FJoe. For years, I've been wondering, why on earth would Allah SWT met these two people I love wholeheartedly together if they were not meant for each other.

And now, I finally got the answers.

1) FJoe met someone more compatible with her and she lived happily ever after.
2) If she haven't met her ex, I would have never been introduced to such beautiful soul as this.. Who would take a day off, and come all the way from PJ to Bangi to meet me upon hearing my pregnancy news..


And yes, my best friend who introduced me to FJoe is what some people called as her 'ex', but I called him as a 'connector' to connect us together.

The moral of the story is that, sometimes you might think if the relationship is not working, you've wasted everything. But think again.. You actually gained a lot more than what you lose. Because the simple explanation on losing something is that, it is not meant for you.

"Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you.. Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out.." Alanis Morissette - Ironic

No comments: