Sunday, June 1, 2014

Breastfeeding

I'm quite nervous for my breastfeeding journey with Baby A this time around.

I didn't have it easy with Khaira, so the amount of efforts I put to breastfeed her for 2 years.. masya Allah. I wonder if I'm able to do all that again if I have to this time around.

Yes, I'm all into the liquid gold and stuff. I know it's the best for your baby; the Quran said so and the science supported it.

But I think we're in no position to judge those who aren't breastfeeding theirs. Not everyone had it easy, like I said. Especially not first time moms.

While I'm okay with moms posting their dozens of breast milk stocks in fb or ig; in which to have half than theirs already make me happy, I couldn't tolerate those whom complaining about how people stared at them while they are nursing their babies in public.

Yes, we have the rights to breastfeed our babies and they have the rights to stare as well. They're public areas anyhow. I wouldn't feel comfortable as well if I was to witness that back during my unmarried days.

They created nursing rooms for a reason. And if it's beyond reach, they created nursing cover to make life so much easier. If your baby or you refused to use one, I don't think it's fair for you to complain on how people disrespecting you by staring at you where on the other hand you're disrespecting them by making them uncomfortable at the first place.

The bottom line is that, if you respect people, they'll respect you back. Breastfeeding is fitrah, not a trend. Not something for you to show off.

I pray to you dear Allah swt, please ease up my breastfeeding journey with Baby A this time around. Ameen.

No comments: