Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The reason I got home early :)

I barely slept last night. Eyes felt so heavy; not sure if it was because of the sleepless night or the constant tears.

These past few days, I got so excited to get home. From work (which is so major to me), from hang outs, from our little dates. All because of my dearest grandmother was staying with us ever since she fell.

If you were raised by your grandmother, you would have known how it feels like.

Last night as I got home from office, I went directly to her room and greeted her; "Hye Mak!" Life felt so much easier with her around.

"I had a dream about Arwah Moyang (my grandmother's mum) last night. She was calling for me," She replied. I just kept silent.

About 11pm, when I was about to sleep, I went down to her room again to check on her. This time, she was breathless. My mum and aunt were around her. Pale. And so cold. Breathless. And crying. Calling for me.

Mum and aunt were crying; so badly. I took a Yassin, and said, "Mak, remember you used to teach me how to read Quran. Recite this with me please". She did. Recite with me until the end.

Then she cried. Saying she felt like her time was so near. We called all of her sons and daughters; we gathered, Yassin was recited until this morning.

I woke up at 7am and I went to her room. She was getting better. Alhamdulillah :)

I have no strength yet to get through life without her. Dear Allah SWT, I am in no strength yet to let her go.

Not now.

Ameen.

2 comments:

nadra186 said...

serious i got all teary when i read this post... I pray for the best ikeen.. :) *HUGS*

Dr. Ikeen said...

Nadrah: Thank you, love! I truly appreciate :)