Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Proud sister

I always thought that my younger brother, Alif was a bit too different from my youngest brother, Hadi and I.

He was always in cloud 9. He could sit in front of his text book for hours staring at the same page, really annoying.

He refused to go to the tuition with excuses like, "Kakak dulu tak nak pergi takpe.." So, I really couldn't say anything much. I was not a good role model after all.

While Hadi and I scored straight A's in UPSR and PMR, Alif was more than happy to get some A's.

And while Hadi and I did ok in SPM, Alif failed one of his paper.

The month he got his SPM result was also the month I got my first real job. I was so devastated at the news, but I came back all cheered up still to help him find a college that will accept him, but he was already giving up with his life.

That was when I cried. And I said right in front of his face, "Tak happy pun Kak dapat kerja fikir adik sendiri nak jual burger tepi jalan." He cried with me.

That was three years ago.

Last Saturday was his convocation! He got dean's list almost every semester for his diploma ever since. Alhamdulillah :)

He finally proved us right!

2 comments:

Dr Sumayy said...

WoW. Inspiring!!~. What a proud sista u r - no flowersss pung? ahahahaha ;p

Dr. Ikeen said...

Tak macho bagi flowers. I bagi kasih sayang dah cukup. Money can't buy love. (Konon) Haha! ;p