Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Name for Little Princess!!

The deal goes like this..

If she's a girl, I'm gonna pick the name for her.
If he's a boy, Love is gonna decide the name for him.

So, since this sweetheart is a girl, my first thought was "Yay! I can choose a name for her!"

After a while, I figured that this is tougher than what I thought!

Of course, we want the best name for our kids. But who are we to decide what is best for them?

The best I could do, is try my best to find a beautiful name for this Little Princess.

I have two rules in finding the name though:
1) It must be of TWO syllables; eg. NU.RUL.
2) It must be of a good meaning in ARABIC.

So, I googled for days weeks months, until I found a name that I fell in love so deeply with.

MYSHA.

Such a nice name right.



The website states that the origin is Arabic. Since most of my colleagues are Iraqi and since Dr. Sumay can converse a little in Arabic (Ameen!!), I asked around and it turned out that it is not Arabic at all!!!!

I got so disappointed and tried googling some more but I did not find a "WOW" name.

One day I decided to look up at my mum's room for a book she used when she decided to give me my name.

That was when I found a name I fell for. Checked with my friends and confirmed that it is an Arabic word. But was still a little reluctant because Love was more keen to give Little Princess the name of my late great grandmother.

Until last Friday, while reciting Surah At-Taubah, I stopped at verse 88 and found that particular name that I have decided in that verse.

The translation:

But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper.



Sometimes, Allah SWT gives you a sign right in front of your eyes, but you don't even see it. This time around, I would like to think it's a sign, but wallahualam..

And here goes, we have a name for Little Princess.

Cepat sape nak teka!!

Ohhh.. anyway, I have a whiteroom photoshoot this Saturday! Yay!!

Look what we bought for the photoshoot.



Gahhh!!!! Comelnye dress budak perempuan sekarang! Baru faham perasaan BFF Maria ;p

6 comments:

Izrin said...

Khairatul?

Dr. Ikeen said...

Kak Izrin, 2 syllables ;p

Izrin said...

Oh, issit Ika? hahah i cannot think of benda lain semua 3 syllabus je..

Fatin Fairuz said...

Fatin Farah Izzati..haha

Izrin said...

Abang long teka Khairat (which was lebih kurang what I had suggested earlier).hmm hmm..tiru i! :p

Dr. Ikeen said...

Kak Izrin: Haiyooo!! Abang Long dgn Kak Izrin dua2 salah ;p
Fatin: Aunty Fatin ni nak kena gigit.