Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Who's paying?

I guess the most awkward moment on the first date/the first purchase after married is determining who's paying for that purchase.

Maybe not everyone seems to be particular about the matter. But, I did.

Does it make me materiallistic? You judge.

The first date is important for me to analyze a guy. And, as a gentleman, I think the guy should pay for the first date. The dates after, I prefer to take turns on paying.

Personally, I hate 'dutch'. For me it's either I'm paying or you're paying. And for me, 'dutch' seems like you're ignoring the concept of sharing from the very beginning.

As a woman, I love it when a man pampers me with gifts; just as much as I love pampering my man with gifts.

Does it make me materiallistic? Again, it is very subjective.

See, I come in a family where my dad surprises my mom with gifts every now and then when he's afford to do so. And vice versa. In our home, he has this principle of "Don't ask for something and don't wait until you're being asked." So everyone does what they should do, and everyone would be happy.

I found a man who is just like that.

The first year of our relationship, Love showered me with soft toys every monthsary.

Some people might think part of the reason I fell in love with him was because he pampered me that much.

But I fell in love with him because I saw the man that he was going to be. A very responsible husband in many aspects especially financially.

My prediction becomes true, Alhamdulillah.

And when you find a man like that, you no longer need him to splurge on you that much to show you he cares. You earn your own money by then after all. But being a gentleman, he'd still do that, anyway.

So my advise to women who are looking for serious relationship at this age, if he's not paying for the first date, MOVE ON! If you can't see the effort at the beginning of the relationship, what makes you think he puts an effort after you get married?

Just my 2 cents :)

3 comments:

Myra Ron said...

Agreed with u!Kite dh pernah discussed this thing before kan..i pon tak reti la go dutch2 ni mcm tah pape je...if u dh start berkira frm relationship,then camnela agaknye u nak spend after marriage later..sure bnyk kire2 LOL..love this post <3

Dr. Ikeen said...

Heee!!! Just thought of sharing what we discussed with the blog reader :) Tapi maybe org lain got different perspective as well.

Cookies said...

Thank you for very good blog about Latex Mattress. It's very nice.