Monday, August 15, 2011

Have you tried talking to her?

This was part of my conversation with my BFF after what seemed like the longest time since we talked to each other.

Me: So, how's your relationship with your gf?
Him: Macam biaselaaa.. Not looking good.
Me: Ahh.. Don't think about it much, things are gonna get better.
Him: I don't think so. See.. (The conversation went on about some general issues with the gf whom I never even met, so tak dapat nak judge).
Me: So, you're gonna give up just like that?
Him: It's happening too many times already, Ikeen!
Me: Have you tried talking to her?
Him: Urm.. Not really..

ADOI!

I'm not saying that I'm an expert in a relationship or I'm a Dr. Love like that, but I just wanna talk about what everybody knows already by now - how important communication is in the relationship. To remind my own self as well.

I don't believe that when you meet your better half, you can click just like that.

Relationship needs effort.. and time.

You have to make a mistake to know that it is a mistake. And for you to know that it is a mistake, you need a mirror a.k.a your better half. The task of a partner is to honestly tell you, this is something wrong with you, I don't like it, do something about it.

And you might not follow 100% what your partner said (else you'll be losing yourself), but somehow with A LOT of effort, and of course time, you guys will meet half way.

Love needs a lot of toleration.

And love is a life-long learning process altogether.

I've been together with my husband for almost a decade now and still discovering new things about him every now and then.

Still merajuk and memujuk every now and then, and have gazillions fun along the way.

For you to have your partner communicates with you, you must be ready to listen.. and of course understand.

One thing I've learned in the relationship is that if you cannot handle the harsh truth, don't ask! Accepting what your partner tells you would be sufficient at the moment.

Walking away without communicating is simply harsh..

But then again, if your better half walks away from you it just means one thing..

The partner doesn't love you that much to work it out.

And love is one thing that we could never force.

For that, I am thankful for the people I loved and the people that love me :) Alhamdulillah.

No comments: