On my first day of leave, I spent time at the hair saloon (Hedkandee, my favourite!), went shopping, cleaned the room and cooked for Love. On my second day of leave, I did my facial and body scrub at my favourite spa, Seputeh Kapas.
Then, I wonder.. is this how it feels like to be a housewife (K.. orang sekarang panggil WAHM - Work At Home Mum, nama glamour)?
If this is how it feels, goodness.. It surely feels GREAT!
And as much as I am so deeply in love with my job now, I am not planning to work like this all my life. As much as I've been wanting to be a lecturer almost my entire life, I have another ultimate ambition that has been motivating me to work harder all this while. Just like any other women..
I want to be a housewife.
With maid taking care of the house. Me spending time with my children (or shopping or spa while they are away), cook some fancy food and just wait for Love to come home with super
Dreams.. How sweet.
And yet how all things started with dreams. All the things that I've achieved now. Alhamdulillah. The power of doa :)
I hope to retire early. (My supervisors are so gonna kill me after reading this statement. Gomennasai T_T) Not just retiring early, but I want to retire smart. There are of course things to achieve before I retire.
- I want a maid to do the cleaning once I retire, so that my full concentration is on Love and our children.
- I want my own Smart Reader or Qee Dees or Kumon (whatever education business will do, teaching is my life).
- I want a car that I will retire with, perhaps a red Mini Cooper S?
- I want some properties for my investment.
- I want to have enough income still every month for me to splurge on myself; spa, shopping etc.
For my parents and family.
- I want to still give them money monthly after I retire, RM2k monthly perhaps?
- I want to bring them to perform Umrah or Hajj.
- I want to bring my whole family for an all sponsored vacation anywhere outside Malaysia.
- I want him to be ready both financially and mentally about me retiring.
For my future children.
- I want to have enough savings for their future.
For my career.
- I want to retire with the title of "Professor Nurul Asyikin" ;p
- I want my name to be well heard in my field (so that kalau bukak business later, people can trust my business).
A lot still to achieve, but I know Allah SWT will guide me through it.
So, in the mean time, what I need to do is work harder (for both my work and my PhD), save smarter (work more on my retirement investment) and most importantly seize this short time of working I have left.
Insya Allah. I just have faith :)